Petronas Towers – The Key Facts for Your Visit
The icon of Kuala Lumpur, and what a beautiful sight it is day or night, The Petronas Towers are a must visit destination in KL.
The key attraction here is the observation deck and the Skybridge that connects between the two towers. The observation deck is located on level 86 and Skybridge is on level 41/42. Tickets to these are sold separately and it’salways suggested to go early as tickets to sell out.
The semi-guided tour of both attractions takes in total just under an hour. Basically, you get 15 minutes free time at the Skybridge before the group will head back to the elevator and up to the observation deck where you get another 20 minutes free time.
At the base of Petronas Towers is Suria KLCC which is a large, and popular, mall offering a mix of retail and luxury shopping and dining. Right beside the towers is KLCC Park which offers jogging track, walking paths and every night there is the KLCC Lake Symphony Water Fountain Show which runs at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm.
- The design incorporates Islamic geometric forms that of two interlocking squares, creating a shape of eight-pointed stars to represent Islamic principles of “unity within unity, harmony, stability and rationality”.
- The Towers feature multi-faceted walls of 33,000 stainless steel and 55,000 glass panels.
- The Towers house 29 double-decker high-speed passenger lifts, six heavy-duty service lifts and four executive lifts.
- The executive lifts can go from basement car park to the top of the Towers in 90 seconds. List speeds are between 3.5m/s and 6.0 m/s
- Each Tower weighs 330,000 tonnes
- it stands at 452 metres and 88 Storeys high
Where to get the best photos of the towers?
- Traders Hotel SkyBar on level 33 offers one a perfect view point
- On Petrnonas Towers northern entrance there two long water features, get in front and shoot along those with the towers in the background.
- From different spots with KLCC park, shots across the lake and combining different angles, water features, trees etc.
- On the northern entrance again, get close and shoot straight up
- From the nearby KL Tower
Open: Tuesdays to Sundays
Closed: every Monday and on Hari Raya Aidilfitri & Aidiladha
Open Hours: 9.00 am – 9.00 pm (CLOSED between 1.00 pm – 2.30 pm on Fridays)
Ticket Cost: RM85 with discounts available to children and seniors
Official Website: https://www.petronastwintowers.com.my