Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
KL Bird park lays claim to being the “World’s Largest Free-flight Walk-in Aviary”, which is a claim that’s hard to dispute considering it offers a home to over 3000 birds across 20.9 acres of lush tropical parkland. You can meander through the tropical setting, enjoy the serenity, fresh air and admire the birdlife. It’s a fantastic escape from the noise and traffic outside.
It is also part of Heritage Park of Kuala Lumpur, which also features the Perdana Botanical Garden, National Monument, Butterfly Park, mosque, museums, planetarium and much more.
- Opened: 1991
- Lays claim to being the world’s largest free flight aviary
- Home to more than 3,000 birds of 200 local and foreign bird species
- See the daily bird shows in the amphitheater at 12.30pm and 3.30pm daily.
- The park has four zones, 1 & 2 are free flight zones, 3 is Hornbill Park and 4 is aviaries.
- You can easily spend 2-3Hrs here
Address: KL Bird Park, 920, Jalan Cenderawasih, Perdana Botanical Gardens
Entrance cost: Adult RM67 Child RM45 (Discounted tickets available for MyKad/MYKid holders)
Open: Everyday from 9AM–6PM
Official Website: https://www.klbirdpark.com
How to get there: By KTM Commuter Train, disembark at Kuala Lumpur Station, you could walk from station to the bird park but I would suggest taking a taxi. The Hop on/Hop off bus also stops at the front of the park (stop #14).
KL Bird Park Location Map