Kuala Lumpur Tower
The Menara Kuala Lumpur Tower, primarily a communications tower, it also features an elevator to reach the Mega View Banquet Hall and Observation Deck, Sky Box and Sky Deck. Both the restaurant and observation areas provide visitors with a panoramic view of the city.
The main attractions of the tower are the Observation Deck, Sky Box and Sky Deck while there are also a number of supporting attractions including Mini Zoo, Upside Down House, Blue Coral Aquarium, XD Theatre, F1 Simulator and KL Eco Forest Park.
You can buy a single ticket to Sky Deck (RM105) or the Observation Deck (RM52) – there is a myriad of combo tickets that allow you to combine the two observation decks and/or other supporting attractions. You can buy an ALL PARK ticket which gives access to all for RM 155. Visit their site for full details on those.
Atmosphere 360 (http://atmosphere360.com.my) is the revolving restaurant where you can enjoy buffet lunch and dinners, afternoon tea and high tea. The lunch buffet price is RM97.10 and the dinner buffet is RM218.30 with discounts available for kids. The lunch is great value as you can enjoy the view and the delicious food.
- Construction began in 1991 and opened to public in 1996
- The roof of the pod is at 335 metres (1,099 feet)
- The antenna increases its height to 421 metres (1,381 feet)
- It’s the 7th tallest freestanding tower in the world.
- The tower is the highest viewpoint in Kuala Lumpur that is open to the public.
- It’s home to the annual International Towerthon where participants race up the stairs to the top.
- The tower also acts as the Islamic falak observatory to observe the crescent moon
Operational Hours: 9:00am until 10:00pm – 365 days a year
Ticket costs: begining at RM52
Official Website: https://www.menarakl.com.my
Address: Menara Kuala Lumpur No. 2 Jalan Punchak Off Jalan P.Ramlee
Getting There: You have a choice of Dang Wangi LRT Station, Bukit Nanas Monorail Station or Masjid Jamek LRT Station. From either, I suggest taking a taxi, which depending on where you are coming from, it maybe be worth taking the whole trip in a taxi.
Within the city centre you can make use of the free Go KL bus, on the purple Go Sightsee route, it stops at KL Tower. The Hop on Hop off bus also stops here (stop #2). See the transport page for more info on those.